Puppy School and Training
District Dogs is excited to partner with the DC Metro premier training firm, Spot On Dog Training. Through this partnership, we will provide puppy school classes, other group training classes, and private sessions.
A Little about Spot On Dog Training
- positive motivation to encourage behaviors (positive is not permissive)
- training protocols based on science-based learning theory
- replacing undesirable behaviors with more appropriate responses
- management for success; eliminate the practice of unwanted behaviors
- a fair leadership strategy
- clear communication system
- a holistic approach where nutrition, exercise, and enrichment complement training
- having fun and building a relationship
Puppy Manners (8 weeks – 6 months) – May 8th, 2019
Six-week class designed to help puppies grow into well-adjusted dogs that enjoy life and know your household rules. Young puppies are very impressionable and their experiences can have lasting effects on their behavior. We’ll give you the tools you need to create a strong foundation while focusing on socialization skills, good manners, and confidence building.
Class focus: name recognition/attention skills, the art of saying ‘please’, sit, down, intro to coming when called, intro to walking on a leash, potty/crate training, puppy chewing/mouthing, handling/grooming, jumping up, socialization, and off-leash puppy play.
Orientation: YES, first class is orientation WITHOUT dogs.
Cost: $225, register here